View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 11:47 PM   #32 (permalink)
Thymeclock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympiadis View Post
I wasn't complaining. I was just stating some facts.
It's your right to find facts absurd.
To me, your posts are coming across as absurd.
The only fact you stated (assuming your report is accurate) is that the patrol car was left running. It is your opinion that it was wasteful and unnecessary.

Quote:
You were basically telling the O.P. that he was legally wrong for his attempt to be efficient.
And he is, whether we like it or not. What is bad about that?

Quote:
I pointed out the irony.
What irony is that? The police are not legally required to operate in an "efficient" manner, nor are they required to satisfy your idea of how they should best operate.

Quote:
Wait until the police can start handing out tickets for waste, inefficient driving, crimes against the environment, etc... leaving their vehicles running non-stop all the while.
If ever the police "can" enforce intrusive laws, you should blame your legislators for that and your fellow citizens who first would have supported the enactment of legislation that is intrusive. Police only enforce laws - they don't make the law. Your statements about this amount to emotionally charged fantasy and are nonsensical.

Quote:
Personally I don't care that the police are wasteful.
Then why did you bring it up? And why don't you let it go?
Quote:
If I spent a whole shift in a squad car I'd want to have the A/C on all the time too. It would be a real shame for them to be smelling bad when they approach other people.
I'm hardly a big fan of cops, but I'm not anti-police, either. And with all that you continue to say, it is what smells bad - with an odor of anti-police bias.