View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 08:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Winfield1990
EcoModding Lurker

I call 40% efficient because of the point in time we are in , and that 40% was the minimum they got from meters of distance from there tests...

Blastings it out in all directions? No , the devices can be setup to only give off energy when needed and based on the specific vehicle.

In my post I did say now or within the near future they could deal with devices or coils every couple of meters. So if the technology did not advance enough to be usable for cars with towers than that would work giving you a 60-70% efficiency without the need for gas transport to gas stations , without the need of gas stations taking up space , without the need of traffic caused from people stopping to need to refuel , without the hassle of needing to stop to refuel , while having the maintenance of an electric car without the need to battery life.

Would be a huge improvement , also the speed limits could be limited to within 5 mph of the speed limit through the current that the devices are emit per vehicle.

60-70% seems to me like a reasonable % of efficiency based on the technologys advancements at the moment , batterys themselves are what a maximum of 90%.

I may be getting a bit over enthused about this , but I still think if the government would go for it , with technology how it already is it could definitely work WAY better than anything the government has plans for.

Another plus , more passenger and trunk space.