View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 09:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
Weather Spotter
Wiki Mod

Max - '14 Ford C-Max SEL
Update:

I ran into town to get some stuff at the hardware store and just went browsing around looking for ideas. Caution do not try this, it is dangerous, you might come up with some good ones!

Here is what I found:

Closed:

open:

They are listed as 4"x14" and my grill has an open area of 3"x 29". The actual open area on these heating grates is 3.5"x 13". I have extra space on the inside of the grill, both vertically and horizontally. These were not the cheep ones, they had an open/ close wheel, the ones I got have a flat ridge. It only takes .5" to fully open or close them. They cost $7.40 each and I got 2. I figured it was worth having the hardware pre designed (I can just re purpose them).

Now all I need are some Universal Power Door Lock Actuators. I want two so I had to email the seller on Ebay. Still waiting.

I also got my self a duel pole, double acting momentary switch ($8.29). I should be able to hook it up to the acuators just like my diagram:

At the junction of the blue and red wires I will just tie in two actuators. I might add a on/off switch to one of the actuators (inline with any one of the wires after the junction) this would allow me to only open one of the grates.

What do you think? Will this work?