View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 10:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Lookie what I just boughted!

So I just bought one of those... I know they're cheap, but hell, if it gets me a few good miles, I'll be happy. It'll be something to tinker with, anyway.

I plan on slapping it on a random bike I pick up, but modding will, of course, be a part of it. Aerodynamics and packaging are the names of the game right now, as well as per-tank range and top speed (most people are claiming up to 35mph. I expect about 50).

And to my own personal satisfaction - This thing is completely illegal to use on public roads in PA! (Vendetta against PA's retarded laws structure...)

I haven't been on here in awhile, so I thought that while I'm doing this, it'll give me an excuse to pop in from time to time, if only to post new pics or whatever.

To start with, the tank that comes in the kit isn't going to be used on the bike. I'm either going to go with an in-frame setup, or just use the tank from my CM185T project (which is now missing a motor, waiting on either e-conversion or the CB125S motor I have.).

I'm likely going to package this as small as possible and make it a forward configuration for now, sort of crotch-rocket-esque. Eventually I hope to use it in a registerable version of a recumbent bike. (Or another similar kit, since this one may be worn out by the time I actually get that built).

Are mods for these Chinese smokers all pretty much universal? I mean things like powerchamber exhausts, etc.