View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
miket
EcoModding Apprentice

Yeah thats kind of what i was thinking of, interesting thread. If theres enough room to ignore the small movements everything is simple if theres isnt, it can become too complex. I though of ways to isolate the suspension movement such as a bolt which arcs up and down in a slot but can push the linkages slot forward and back with the steering. I think turning in/out the wheel well may make the motion of the skirt appear simpler and elegant from the outside but not inside.

I was also thinking of a skirt that doest pivot but slides straight outward on a few telescoping tubes when the tire turns out and is pulled back in tight by springs. I kind of like that idea now.

One of the problems i could see with a basjoos flip up style is that the bottom edge of the skirt can stick out farther than the middle of the tire on a turn so it might hit something in a tight spot. Maybe another hinge 1/3 of the way from the bottom could let the bottom hang straight down. I think aeromodders had parallel arms to the skirt could swing out and up while staying parallel to the vehicle. I imagine if the top and bottom arms were different lengths, the skirt could swing out and s up while also tilting upwards some, maybe having the optimum motion for that method.