View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
I'll forever have rattles, buzzes, and clatters until the entire exhaust system is replaced...

The A-pipe off of the header has a pipe-within-a-pipe, which is supposed to be secure, but hasn't been for years -- it has a resonant buzz at a variety of RPMs...especially around 1800 RPM (right about when the TC kicks-in at 35 mph). I think mid-90's Accords had the same problem with a recall or TSB. The repair is to somehow weld it into place externally, but the likelihood of it breaking loose again is noted to be high -- so it's fine

I've had to remove a variety of heat shields due to obnoxious metal-on-metal rattling at any engine speed. For lower sides, the danger exists in parking over dry leaves and then interior temps for upper ones, I'm told. No biggie from the consensus.

Still, under high-load idling (fan cycling, adverse weather devices like wipers/defroster), there's another loud clatter somewhere.

The latest is somewhere back near/in the muffler at high idle. No apparent leaks or CELs. It sounds the best:
  1. During EOC , and
  2. WOT

RH77

_
_