View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
The Atomic Ass
Master EcoModder

Overland - '24 Nissan Versa S 5MT
90 day: 40.29 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
If you are going to argue that something works because it doesn't fallow the same rules as the rest of science then you need to cite sources and not just say that someday 1+1 might equal 5...
The only way that I could see any device putting out more mechanical force then the electrical energy that is put in to it is if it also pulls energy out of the air or something as well, if it did this then instead of a motor getting warm as it ran because of the friction inside, it would instead get cold as it absorbed energy from around it, if it simply created energy... then you would be creating energy.
In the video I mentioned in my OP, Peter Lindemann talks about the Back EMF in a DC motor causing a massive increase in the power consumption of the motor. I don't think that at the time he created that video, that he had a working model, but there's a later video on Youtube showing a modified D.C. motor. Have a watch.

Basically, he's saying that a horsepower does NOT require 746 watts, that 746 watts is mostly wasted by the motor fighting itself, and that keeping the motor from fighting itself causes it to be more efficient.