View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 06:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Harpo
EcoMudder

Harpo's Honda - '05 Honda Civic VP
90 day: 42.64 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbergeron View Post
Ah, this brings up an interesting point about recirc and Cd. In my VW Jetta, when I travel at highway speeds, when I turn on the recirculate for the AC, I begin to hear wind noise near the front of the windshield (passenger side). If I'm hearing it inside the cabin, I'm sure it must be hurting the Cd. I'm not hypermiling my Jetta, but its definitely an interesting thought.

The fresh air intake gets closed, which I'm assuming is why I hear the wind noise. I've planned to tape over the air vents in the front of my Aspire for this very reason.
Another test to do! Coool!

Quote:
I guess you left before they put the Lake in Lakeview? They are widening the HPL, I wanna take my gf and some other new in town folks over it so they can experience 2-9' lanes and no shoulder, steep grade, with a curve near the bottom.
Yep. We left in 1995, back to Gainesville Area. I had my own business that was region agnostic, and the spousal unit wanted to go back to school. I was born/raised in Bossier and went to LSU through graduate school. One of my childhood nightmares was about that stinkin' bridge. I've made many a trip over HPL since. I miss the town and lifestyle, but not the traffic or routes.