View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 11:11 PM   #31 (permalink)
saand
Wiki Writer

bugler - '91 Mazda 626
90 day: 35.89 mpg (US)
Hi All,
this is a great thread with some good alternatives for instrumentation. I have read through it and added the alternatives found in this thread to the wiki
MPGuino DIY fuel consumption computer - EcoModder

I would be interested if anyone has any user feedback for the plx kiwi or maxitrip so I can add it in.

Also has anyone found a instrument that will log to USB or do datalogging in general. I have this on my home made fuel usage meter and I have found it very useful to be able to log each second the amount of fuel and the speed. Its very good to see what mod is best for you as you can see under what conditions your fuel is being used the most, if it’s while your idling at lights or highway driving or accelerating.
If anyone is interested in this concept looks like something can be done with the mpguino but it may require a laptop or cellphone to log the data (sorry I am not very familiar with the design)
Alternatively if anyone knows how to write iphone apps maybe with the iphone obd adaptor this function could be enabled using the iphone as the data storage. The software provided with the cord may already have datalogging option.

Doesn't worry me since I already have usb logging but just thought id mention it for others.