View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 10:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
stylus
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks elhigh I found that same website when I was looking around for the manual rack. They have a core charge which would be a pain buying online cause you have to ship back. There is actually used ones on ebay right now $75 + $40 ship.

I am not afraid of non-power steering, my first "car" was a 78 Jeep CJ5 with 33x12.5 mud tires and no power steering. The tires were so heavy I actually bent steering linkage when off-roading.

Busypaws Thanks for the information I would think that the components in the Tercel probably are about the same size/weight as the protoge. I have not looked at the crank pully in my car yet if I go down the road of removing those components a lighter crank pully would be a very nice bonus.

Daox I looked at your paseo on the garage page, makes me think that removing the creature comforts may not be required if you still have a/c and p/s. I have done a lot of "performance" mods including suspension drops in the past, I think I am going to stay away from that for now but I might try some of the less ugly aero type mods. I am looking for an oem cover for a pass side mirror delete. Alot of cars come factory w/out pass side mirror dunno if any of these simular chassis's did.

40+ should be no problem, my driving habits need to change or else I won't be driving period.