View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 12:01 AM   #68 (permalink)
cons
EcoModding Lurker

Odd - '04 Ford Ranger
90 day: 33.29 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecheese429 View Post
After a short test drive at about 55 MPH, the difference was not noticeable (but it was a short drive) and the plastic was not being pulled up like it should have been (but, again, I may need to get up to 70 to see the real difference).I think I need to use coroplast with the amount of skin support that I have (or lack therof) because the plastic sheet is not making a smooth parabolic curve, but sitting high on the cross members and sagging/getting pulled down in between, causing vortexes. I don't really want to add more cross members (at least, not the amount that would be necessary to make a smooth skin surface) so coroplast it is.

Off to walmart... when I get around to it
Have you overlayed a picture with Aerohead's teardrop shapes? I wonder if it might lead into a little steep of an angle near the tailgate. I did a 12 degree taper all the way back (6 foot bed), and that led me to be 6 inches higher than the tailgate. Your's has a more gradual lead into that angle, but then might drop steeply to be flush with the tailgate. Your addition is too significant to not be noticeable FE gains! It looks awesome, I'm hoping it'll kick ass.