View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 10:59 PM   #69 (permalink)
usergone
I have to start over?

Big inefficient truck - '94 Dodge Ram 2500
90 day: 12.1 mpg (US)

Honda Civic - '84 Honda Civic DX Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by cons View Post
Have you overlayed a picture with Aerohead's teardrop shapes? I wonder if it might lead into a little steep of an angle near the tailgate.
I can't say that I have, because I haven't taken the time to look for them :P (to speed the process, feel free to point me in the right direction). I wouldn't be surprised if my "parabolic" shape is not "ideal", so it may very well have greater potential. It is, however, pretty much stalled until I get some coroplast sheets (lazy me )

I did, however, spend $25 on 4 pizza pans today. The holes in the spokes of my rims make for some very good mount points. I just used some 14 gauge copper wiring (from romex). I was hoping that I could use the 15 inch pans, but they were too small so I got the 16 inchers which are very close to the actual diameter of the (largest part of) the rim. Too much talk! PICTURES!

I need to put some divots in the pans so that they will "nest" in the rim (because they tend to slide around a little). I am considering painting them. Maybe black...