View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 01:36 AM   #78 (permalink)
Peakster
Master EcoModder

Red Jeep Patriot - '07 Jeep Patriot
90 day: 25.14 mpg (US)

Beige Ford Ranger - '95 Ford Ranger XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH77 View Post
How long did it take you to bike 37 km? Just multiply that X 10 to get to Regina... and you're home! Man...90-bucks for the bus -- that's like $150 U.S. Westjet isn't cheaper???

JK...good work on the car-free lifestyle! I'd love the opportunity, but alas the job requires it (mass transit sucks in the Midwest U.S.) -- OK, most of North America...

What are your plans post-Winnipeg???
It took me a while. According to my speedo, I was only doing 17km/h average so probably 2 hours. Regina is 375 miles away (or about 600 kilometres) so even if I averaged 25-km/h on the highway, that would take me *calculates nerdily* --- 24 hours! Wowser.

I never did check Westjet. EDIT: I just checked. $79 if leaving on Tuesday (taxes extra I'm sure)! 1 hour/6 minute flight.

I'm not too sure what I'm going to do in Regina actually. A part of me wants to try working at a furniture store again, while another part is pessimistic and wants me to be a parking enforcer and ticket people downtown to release some stress . Heck, even McDonalds there is starting people at $9.00 a hour ! I eventually want to rent out real-estate for a living.

House prices in Regina have gone nuts in the past 2-3 years so I'll no doubt be living with my parents for a while. Windsor Ontario is looking greener (in terms of house affordablity, not jobs).

Last edited by Peakster; 04-14-2008 at 01:59 AM..