View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 01:18 AM   #53 (permalink)
robchalmers
Master EcoModder

Chug - '96 Volkswagon Polo CL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 49.42 mpg (US)

L'Autre - '03 Renault Megane Sport Tourer Expression
Diesel
90 day: 45.02 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post
I will not forget your initial derogatory response. Therefore I decline to argue with you or answer your question.

It is my prerogative here to present documentation and information supporting a opposing position. It matters none whether there is an 'amen chorus' here eager to reply with passionate or lengthy arguments to the contrary. Refusal to engage in argument does not prove that a dissenting position is wrong or deserving of ridicule.

Just because this internationally organized, activist movement is currently popular does not mean it is worthy of acceptance, let alone universal acceptance. Persuasion is neither achieved by volume of rebuttals generated, nor length of rebuttals, nor tactics of intimidation or derision.
" sir, I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it "

I appluad you for stating the opposition view point, but at any point in all this research you've obviously done into this phenom, did you take a step back and think that possibly that it may be from a corrupt source it self? I'm not saying that the WORLD car free doen't have the people you state taking part in it. But Empassioned as your sources are don't you think that it could be subversive plot too? may one to keep us on the dyno-juice addiction we currently have by simple stating anyone joining this one day a year movement is a joy-less far left person bent on imposing soviet style lack of personal freedoms? and the whole line about indoctrinating(Sp) kids..... pursausion by fear?

twitter.com/bertchalmers