View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 01:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Creeper
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle Bob View Post
The XFI was not sold in Canada, but the 3-tech cam company does grind here. They recommend changing the cam timing as well, which messes with the nitrogen oxide emissions but improves economy. If you have the pre-95 body, it is smaller and lighter, and can be swapped up to 13" tires to help the gearing issue. Those changes get you most of the way there. The weight difference was just cheaper trim and soundproofing. I take out most of the seats, and wear earphones for sound conditioning.
Ok kool this sounds possible could it be adapted to the Firefly as well as I tend to see some of those come up mostly convertibles lol. I might import the car from the US. I was planning on importing a BMW however gas shot up overnight and frankly I need a car that can be cheep on gas as its a long drive to work. Being a car guy I'd have to put the side mirror back on (or buy a aftermarket one or 2) so I can pass safty. I was looking too remove the sound deadeding material anyways as well as the spare tire kit. The rear seats may come out for most of the time. The interior I might try to make Fiberglass replacement pannels its not hard just time consuming. Do they make Carcon fiber hoods and trunks for the Metro? Not looing to make it a tuner car just want to research it out so I can save weight where ever possible. Without going over kill