View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 10:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Burned
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by some_other_dave View Post
The numbers 32767 and 32768 showing up are a major red flag to any computer geek. Those are "magic numbers"; 32767 is the largest signed integer that can be represented (by one's complement) in a 16-bit word. That tells me that something is funky with the software, even if it is just trying to print a number it doesn't understand correctly.

Misfires need to be corrected. Fuel-smelling oil needs to be changed. (Period. It is no longer as thick as it should be, so it is not protecting your engine parts correctly, and it also contributes to tailpipe emissions.)

Oil that smells like fuel is either due to a very very rich mixture, or possibly from a misfire. So finding and fixing the misfire might solve the problem of fuel getting into your oil.

Once you have the misfire corrected and the oil changed, try another test. You might be able to squeak by.

-soD
Thing is, I cant figure out why its misfiring. I have changed plugs, wires, cap rotor, even pulled the distributor and looked for wear. The injection system is a year old.
Maybe the EGR is constantly dumping exhaust gases into the intake?
A few more things to try then its time to take it into a shop.