View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 11:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
trebuchet03
MechE

The Miata - '01 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
I’ve inferred from your other posts that your either an engineer or a student of it, so I would have thought you would not like it either?

Marketing is the art of convincing people to buy inferior products or to pay more for them if they were going to buy them anyway as opposed to buying goods on their technical merits. I prefer efficiency myself over hype.
Student... For too long I'm not looking to be the monkey when I graduate though - perhaps this is why I've got no problems with the general term marketing - it's going to be necessary for future business. I mean, how far will anything I make go if I can't even make a company or tell anyone about it?

My attitude is, if you're looking for dog crap in the grass - you're going to be successful at only seeing crap. You can't smell the roses while looking for poo... and all that corny stuff.

Marketing is not the art of convincing people to buy inferior products. That's the work of a charlatan. For all the work SVO and MetroMPG do marketing this website - I'd hate to think we're all here for inferior reasons.

Marketing is not limited to the sale - your experience may be with those targeting sales, but that's not the entire scope.