View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
PHOTOS!

Just happy to be here...

Does that look like a clutch cable? Looks like a clutch cable to me!

Under the hood.

Large central backup light. Notice that it's an "EV-style" rear bumper - no cut-out for a tailpipe!

If you get down on the ground, you can see the muffler and tailpipe. Note that the cut out on the bumper is on the BOTTOM of the bumper. This photo is taken at ground level, looking up.

At least the gas tank won't rust, it's plastic! Lots of room under the car from the gas tank on back.

Charging port is in FRONT of the drivers door. Looks just like a gas cap door.

Gas cap cover is on the REAR passenger side. Looks just like the charging port door. I am guessing GM doesn't want anyone to confuse the two....

Nothing like sticking the gas in the charging port. Or the electricity in the gas tank. Not sure which would be worse.....

PS: On a truely bizzare side note. When I was leaving, I saw the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile hiding in some bushes on the other side of a fence across the street. On closer inspection, there were two Weinermobiles plus a what?! a trailer?
I stopped over there and found somebody to talk to. Turns out that 3 of the nine Weinermobiles are based out of the place across the street from where I got to see the volt!

The odd thing wasn't a trailer, but a MINI-Weinermobile. A Lil Smokey, if you will....

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos

Last edited by bennelson; 10-15-2010 at 09:35 PM.. Reason: Weinermobile.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bennelson For This Useful Post:
Cd (11-02-2010), cfg83 (10-16-2010), IsaacCarlson (11-07-2010), NeilBlanchard (10-15-2010), Nevyn (11-01-2010)