View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 05:11 PM   #28 (permalink)
Arminius
Future EV Owner

Wannabe - '05 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 40.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebuchet03 View Post
"Walmart moved in to my town and the local grocer had to close shop."

When I did my cross country trip - I was amazed at how many smaller cities had this sort of situation... But taken even further - Walmart moves in and the local grocer needs to raise prices due to less volume... I can choose not to support Walmart - but it's going to squeeze my wallet.

That, plus I'm 1) not going to list all of my problems with every company I can think of and 2)I'm not so big on complaining (too much )

I'm not saying my point applies to everything - I'm just saying that your point doesn't apply to every other business

As much as I'd like to blame government for all of this - I can't. For example, Berkeley, CA - the local gov't restricts the amount of drive through restaurants (imagine the killing they'd make if there was one right across the street from their University). As a result, a whole bunch of mom/pop restaurants are able to stay in business and live happily without big box chains eating into their market share with their $1 crap meal :/
You shift the topic with every post. Now your compliant is that you want more expensive meals at places where people make less. That wasn't the original topic, and I wasn't addressing you in the original post.

If your concern is that someone is making too much, by all means pay as much as you want, and support companies that no one else wants to support. However, the original issue was that people were having to pay too much!

Last edited by Arminius; 04-16-2008 at 05:41 PM..