View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 09:46 PM   #210 (permalink)
Zerohour
Master EcoModder

Pooparu - '01 Subaru Outback Limited
90 day: 28.12 mpg (US)

Cop Car - '94 Chevy Caprice Interceptor 9C1
Last 3: 18.48 mpg (US)

Mini - '11 Mini Cooper
90 day: 37.63 mpg (US)

Gramps - '95 Subaru Legacy Postal
90 day: 23.18 mpg (US)
haha pretty sure a WRX/STI rear diff should put up with all the "power" the NA 2.5 creates.

I would go straight RWD if you wanted to make it better FE.

yeah I'm pulling for the Mobil one stuff. I'm not sure if I'm gonna do the double dump or not. It depends. When I drain the pan, if it looks really bad, I'll do a double dump. If it just seems spent/looks off color. Then I'll only flush once. I'm looking at it more along the lines I can tell the trans isn't warm at sub 50 degree temps. For PA that is Oct to April. So 10 minutes to warm up is alot for the trans everyday, plus every other startup during the next 6 months. Its a serious FE Loss. The Subi pulls 19-20 if I do all short trips. I am already lossing 2-3MPG from the cold changes. So if I can pull another 1mpg for the next 6 months it is well worth the try to switch to the synthethic transmission fluid. Even if it isn't "cost effective". I'm still going to make the vehicle as efficient as possible within a reasonable manner. If it ends up costing $50 and I don't make any money back, its still a worth wild mod to me. I could easily go and waste $50 on something that won't be of much benefit to the car. But modding is my hobby. It my spare time entertainment. Some people drop $50-$100 at the bar on a weekend night. I drop 50-100 bucks on a parts counter Saturday morning :-)