View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #331 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
its fuel injected?? I am curious what more fuel pressure would do and how in the world would I alter that? another pump inline or something??? and why would E10 need more fuel pressure than E0 (just curious)

Why would a hotter engine help? again just curious why would it not need to be hotter on E0? The cherokee already runs (factory) at just below boiling so I can't really make it run any hotter without cavitations issues in the water pump if the coolant start to bubble. (it runs at around 210 from the factory the I6 is a hot running engine)

YES we are guessing that a hotter spark would help but thats not an option. such an upgrade would cost more than the car cost. IE they are very expensive. and a hotter spark would mean its not my car that is at fault. (just thought I would mention that) this means modifying my cars for a new fuel which is not ideal. I might be able to afford to modify one car by say spring time but I sure could never afford to modify all of them.

I will try to learn how to use the Scope I got and read the O2 but as noted I tried 2 different O2 sensors with no change. Either way I want to learn how to use my new toy so I will work on that. Might get us some good data either way.

I trust you to a point dcb you sound like someone who knows what they are talking about. but I need reasons for experimentation since experimentation costs MONEY that I am not in a plentiful supply of HENCE getting a geo metro :-) hehe so don't take my "why why why" as an offense. :-)