View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 12:51 PM   #354 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
at what cost though? we have already gone through all the "simple" stuff.

your fuel pressure idea does not make logical sense. If you want me to muck with fuel you need to make logical sense. Your only reasoning is "because its something to try"

No my statement was not a logicaly analysis of your statement. but it was a logical analysis of your "trend" of statements :-)

its pretty clear you think its me and the cars and not the fuel. I think its the fuel.

the data backs me up. you have yet to find any data to back you up. SO FAR.

I would love nothing better than to find some strange simple thing on all 10 cars thats causing this.

its pretty hard to consider though when simply not using the E10 returns everything to normal 100% of the time. Thats a very hard fact to bypass.

how much can ethanol save us in fuel? hardly anything since costs are going up and any lower price of ethanol is 100%+ compensated for by the taxes you MUST pay in order to make it appear cheaper.

its not cleaner. its not greener. its not cheaper. it does NOT reduce demand on foreign oil. Explain to me what the advantage besides profit for the corn lobby there is in Ethanol?

While if we found an easy solution I WOULD TAKE IT to save money I am kind of hoping there is no easy solution and if I can educate enough people we can FORCE them to stop shoving it down our throats.

I am definitely going to look into the larger coil (though I have yet to hear one WORD from anyone on how I should go about that ???) since that would be a very cheap easy fix in theory.

But I don't have enough info. for example the coil on my cherokee has FAR more wires than the coil on my metro. This seems to indicate I could "NOT" take the coil from the cherokee and simply plug it in (even though we know that won't work since its clearly not a hot enough coil since the cherokee suffers too) but you get the idea.

HOW do I put a different coil in? how do I know a different coil will result in a hotter spark? will I need different wires and plugs to handle the hotter spark?