View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 10:59 PM   #359 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
Damn. he just got back to me to confirm I could use it on EFI's - for $24 (found one cheaper) I might just get one anyway and put it "inline" and just set it to max (140 psi) just so I have a fuel pressure gauge in the car. (seeing as how the TOOL to actually measure fuel pressure costs orders of magnitude more than $24 :-)

as for the fish tank. that scares me. First the silicon will very likely NOT hold up to the ethanol. You might have to redo the whole tank expensively in something that can tolerate the ethanol. (it attacks EVERYTHING plastic I have tried so far)

DO NOT leave it in a gas can either. it attacks that too just slower.

They have "one piece" acrylic tanks (not sure if its ethanol resistant) but now your talking serious cash.

I also would not want an open top so the gas can surface evaporate for the 2 hours your gonna have to leave it minimum to settle properly.

I am still concerned about the water and whatever else I may be removing and still need a legal safe way to store the gasoline. If I do this long term I don't want to run afoul of the law.

I am still hunting for some 7 gallon carboys (solid glass small neck so easily sealed etc..)