View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 09:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
brucepick
OCD Master EcoModder

Outasight - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 54.18 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
The Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max is an excellent tire that gives good fuel economy. Really, I'd just to go tirerack.com and plug in your tire size. They have a feature to sort by LRR tires only. I'd make my selection from that list of tires.
I did exactly that about 6 weeks ago. Really wanted the Michelin HydroEdge with Green X even though $90 each. They were out of stock absolutely everywhere, back ordered at Michelin.

I ended up getting Kumho eco Solus HM KR 22's. They're decent but I wish the Michelins had been available at the time. I couldn't wait because my previous Kumho set had tread separation at about 54K miles.

Kumho labels them as eco but for all I know, they could be referring to an environmentally manufacturing process. I didn't see anything on their site specifically indicating improved mpg. I'm running them at about 50-52 psi. With about 2-3 K miles on them now (break in accomplished) I'd say they are at least as good as the previous set (not "eco" labeled) and just maybe a bit better for FE.