View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 07:08 PM   #376 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys View Post
so then why is your solution to RUIN the fuel economy of our vehicles MAKING THE AIR YOU HAVE TO BREATH WORSE UFO. ???

You have two VERY conflicting perspectives here that you really need to resolve within yourself.

I drive a Geo metro because it burns the LEAST AMOUNT OF FUEL OF ANY CURRENTLY AVAILABLE GASOLINE ENGINES VEHICLE.

Its even cleaner than a PRIUS OR A LEAF when construction is taken into account (hey you said AIR you breath so you have to count THAT pollution too)

SO any more bright ideas?

Since we are talking about peeing in pools how about you stop wasting my water. I prefer to drink it instead of shoving MILLIONS of gallons of it into ETHANOL production that is not the tinest bit cleaner than gasoline.

so you STILL get stinky air and now we have less WATER too.
You are confusing me with someone else. My daily driving is exclusively biodiesel and blends. I am committed to renewable fuel to reduce pollution and promote energy independence. And IMHO the way forward is not through the corn and soy agribusiness.

But carburetors and polluting vehicles need to be retired. Of course there should be exceptions for collector and specialty vehicles, but if it's easy and cheap to register them, pollution levels will increase unnecessarily. The used market is full of low cost and efficient vehicles, and they are cheaper to operate.