Thread: Eaarth
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 10:16 PM   #68 (permalink)
Weather Spotter
Wiki Mod

Max - '14 Ford C-Max SEL
Ok, show me the graph including all volcanic eruptions (also measure none CO2 gases) and go back to 1750.

Now show that any change is from man.

Now show me that this change is outside the bounds of normal say 1 mill yr.

Now show me that any change is bad.

Should we pollute?

To what degree?

I am all for a zero impact on the earth life but I want an equal or better standard of living. I want to keep life expectancy rates above 70 yr. Before modernization it was something like 40 or 50 yr and they had things like the back death kill off 50% of Europe. Show me a way to change that keeps us moving forward.

We got into this mess over 200 years, expect that fixing it might take 1-3x that length of time (most problems take longer to solve).

So a gradual change, this can be done with advances in technology. In 30 years we have gone from 50% power from non renewable s (dams provided clean power), now we get 22-25% from renewable s (dams are about the same # of megawatt and are 18% total). The % renewable s is growing .5-1% a year. At that rate will will get them up to 40-60% of total need. Any more then that will lead to instability unless they figure a way of storing power.

Toss in Nuclear power and you got all the power we need. We can keep consumption at the same amount or slightly lower it by technological advances. If we do this over the next 100 -200 years we will be fine.

Cut the panic out and you will win me over much faster.