View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 11:18 PM   #164 (permalink)
autoteach
Master EcoModder

Bus - '94 Ford School Bus huge

Stupid - '01 Chevy Blazer LS
90 day: 21.38 mpg (US)

hawk - '00 Honda Superhawk
You are absolutely correct that not everyone should buy tanks, and I do think more people should be involved with the maintenance of their vehicles. I also think that we do not have enough mass transit. I am an automotive teacher in a high school. recently I was talking to my students about mass transit, the cost, and the free options (buss). I had a student actually stop driving after covering the cost benefits.

As for the edison, the 250 motor used is of the dirtbike variety. Engine durability is related to the stress levels that are put on the engine. 40 hp is a heavy load from that displacement.
COMPLETE TOP & BOTTOM END KIT | MotoSport
this would be the type of rebuild I would expect at or before 25k. There are much better engines to be chosen for longevity, but that wasnt what they were working towards for the competition.

Here is my problem... comparing a prototype vehicle with no design parameters meeting longevity expectations as part of its goals to a road going, fully approved and functioning vehicle is much like... well comparing the prototype volt to the actual volt. go figure...