View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #95 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
Any measurable effects on FE or warm-up times yet ?
The last two times I've driven my FE was 4.5 l/100km instead of 4.8, so that may be related, maybe not.

I wonder if the EGR/coolant heat exchanger helps in my case, since EGR is closed when in idle and when at full load, and that is 90% of my P&G driving style. But when the wife drove the other day (no P&G), then the engine got up to temp very fast, so block heater plus EGR cooler must have helped. In 2-3 weeks I hope to get an emissions test done.

Back to modding: I started a new thread to show the superb ergonomics of my cockpit:
The Show Off Your Cockpit Thread

Meanwhile, the kill switch is working Sometimes, when I kill the engine, the car starts to beep, the dashboard's STOP light comes on and the display says "Oil pressure low". (Sorry for the crappy resolution.)

But sometimes I get no warnings. I believe it depends on how long the kill switch is held down, it may also depend on the vehicle's speed. I'll get the hang of it sooner or later.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread