View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
mluckham
EcoModding Lurker

New Features for MPGuino?

I've been thinking about adding data logging - perhaps a 24LC128 Serial EEPROM (16 Kbytes), but there is still the problem of attaching a laptop to the official preassembled MPGuino (which has no provision for it).

Also, I have a uLCD-32PT from 4dsystems.com.au (US$79) which I'm just beginning to play with for another project. It is verrry interesting with a touch-screen LCD, integrated microSD card, and it's own processor and software library - not Arduino, unfortunately, but let's not quibble?

A quick glance at the uLCD-32PT specs doesn't convince me that it can replace the Atmega for timing/counting/etc - so the idea is to add I2C slave capability to the MPGuino, with the uLCD-32PT as I2C master taking care of display+data logging. If this is done, a new MPGuino layout is called for, eliminating the matrix LCD - and adding more digital inputs to monitor more engine signals?

I'm lousy at UI design, if someone would design a nice 240x320 layout for MPGuino and post it here, it would be fantastic.