View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 02:11 PM   #120 (permalink)
roflwaffle
Master EcoModder

Camryaro - '92 Toyota Camry LE V6
90 day: 31.12 mpg (US)

Red - '00 Honda Insight

Prius - '05 Toyota Prius

3 - '18 Tesla Model 3
90 day: 152.47 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRABill View Post
Wow that is a really uneducated opinion of a response. I guess fenders and doors just come like that and there is no resources used to create them.
Bullsheeet Billy! Bullsheeet! I never said a car used no energy to make, I just said it would probably use less than it takes to fuel your chebby.

On average the embodied energy of a car is something like 72,000kWh give or take. A gallon of gas is ~37kWh, so you would need to use ~2,000 gallons of gas less to cover the energy costs of a brand new automobile, probably less, ~1,000+ gallons for a smaller new car, which is ~30k miles of driving in your chebby. Besides, if you're really worried about it that much then go fix up a used fuel efficient car and use that. It's already been built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRABill View Post
Instead of playing the Monday morning quarterback and blaming the cars of the past by bashing the present lineups PROVE that you want to be more responsible and purchase a vehicle based on its Safety, Efficenciy and cleanliness.
Bullsheeet Billy! Bulsheeet! I never said I wanted to be responsible. I just said I'm tired of the Bullsheeet from people like you. You aren't using any less energy by driving your chebby instead of a used fuel efficient car, and you probably aren't saving energy versus a new compact car unless you drive you guzzlers less than 30k miles over the entire time you'll own whatever guzzlers you happen to have.

If you like to drive your chebby, then just say so. I don't really give a **** about that. What bugs me is when people make up BS to validate what they're doing.

The Following User Says Thank You to roflwaffle For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (11-11-2010)