View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #73 (permalink)
NachtRitter
NightKnight

RippinRoo - '05 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5 GT
Subaru
90 day: 21.16 mpg (US)

Helga - '00 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
Diesel
90 day: 53.91 mpg (US)

Olga - '03 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon
90 day: 46.24 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post
The topic was one of a political nature from the get-go, ("Feds say all motorcycle riders should be required to wear helmets") and the moderators allowed it. Now, after much discussion (with no incivility), you want to terminate it? I wonder why?
Because I come here for ecomodding tips, tricks, and ideas, not for political discussions embedded in an ecomodding subsection. If you want to attach a different meaning to it, be my guest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post
This invocation of censorship is the equivalent of imposing martial law before anything bad 'might' happen. What if it doesn't happen? Will you be disappointed?

Authoritarians and dictators love draconian measures that curtail freedom. So do Nanny Statists.
You do understand this is a privately run forum, right? The moderators already censor the site, and have the right to do so anytime and in any way they choose. They also have the right to ban any member for any reason (or even for no reason). Don't like it, then you have the freedom to leave. Again, if you want to attach a different meaning to it, you are free to do so.