View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 01:47 PM   #38 (permalink)
woodydel
EcoModding Lurker

Oh my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3058 View Post
Haha, brace yourself then, gas is getting back up there. This weekend it was $3.13 here in good ole taxed-to-death NY, $3.01 if you went to the local Natives station (which I do). Some market people saying it may push $4/gal before Christmas... The OP may be back soon enough asking for advice in a more desperate tone.
On one 2009 trip to Alaska, we did 12000 miles in three months. We had a celebration, my wife and I, when we pulled into Alaska and the price for gas had dropped down to $3.33 /gal in Tok. I remember, we couldn't get our credit card out fast enough. It was like a year end sales event. Gas sticker shock takes place in Canada. There you get your gas by the liter. So let's say you pull into pokey little Watson Lake in the Yukon and you need gas (real life). First gas station you see pull in and fill er up, that's 75 gallons worth. Back on the road, travel 1 1/2 miles and see the gas 40 cents less. That's per liter. So times 3.8 that's $1.50 per gallon less at the other end of town. Repeat process getting there and coming back 15-16 times.

Low 3's is not too bad. Filling up the 250cc Chinese Reflex clone is pure joy.