View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 10:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
The trouble is that there AREN'T any public service groups in my area that are into this sort of thing.

Traditionally, the closest I can even think of is that there are a few odd groups that deal with shuttling retirees to social events.

With the software, nobody really has to be in charge of it. You just need to publicize the idea enough to get a critical mass of people using it.

If only a handful of people are using the software, nobody is ever going to be trying to get to the same place at the same time. But once you get enough people using it, it has the potential to really change how people drive.

I heard about this software from a TRANSITION GROUP. Those groups focus on a grassroots transition away from the use of fossil fuels, whether for transportation, food, etc. They also believe in learning how to, and doing, things for onesself.

That group is the closest that I can think of that would be really interested in working out some sort of local car/ride-sharing program. So, yeah, I guess I am working with them on this.

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos