View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 07:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
I went to one of the two Virginia US senators offices for an interview concerning my design. The Lady was very polite and actually accepted the design theory and some of my projections about the potential improvements.

When she made the statement about the simplicity and virtually maintenance free aspects of the design and the potential effect on employment in the auto manufacturing and repair industry as a legitimate counterpoint, I knew I was wasting my time.

The point is if you create a significantly better design, that virtually eliminates many repair operations since the parts no longer exist, you are in some cases considered a threat to the employment of potentially millions of people.

I did not try to argue the point, but I did mention the fact that is would take at least a decade to replace the total of the existing vehicle population, or even more when you consider the average age of vehicles today.

I guess we should make crappier cars so we can increase the repair industry employment. Hope the Senator does not get re-elected if his people are that short sighted.

regards
Mech