View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 01:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Sounds about right (link).

Bummer it was cross-threaded at the factory. Was it made in Indiana or Texas on a Monday or Friday?

That's inexcusable. Poor build quality from the benchmark: Toyota. IMO, they've dropped in this critical area of consumer confidence.

My brother had a really bad experience with a mid-90's Taco V-6. It blew a head gasket, which took an act of Congress to get repaired under warranty (incorrectly). It happened again. After the final repair, he dumped it for a new Chevy Aveo-5. Satisfied customer for 3 yrs+

NE-ways, when I rent vehicles, the SG offers a decent estimate and feedback device. On my home-ride, the figure is way too optimistic.

To be honest, I've helped family and friends pull trouble codes and diagnose problems with it -- which paid for itself in potential mechanic's fees. Feedback is good, but apparently flawed out of the box for that MPG parameter. The adjustment function should hopefully bring the MPG average into reality.

I don't want to downplay the device -- it's still a critical option for FE improvement, but be aware of calibration.

RH77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris D. View Post
Ive read other forums where the SG wasn't accurate upto a 20% difference on a prius II..

bummed out that it isnt as good as I thought it to be, but there are lots of other things that are just as good to use for proper instrumentation..

Had a CEL yesterday code 0420.. I reset that instantly while driving

its a slight exhaust leak from the manifold to the exhaust.. 2 of the 3 bolts were cross threaded from the factory, one came out ok, the other snapped and ones fine..
put it back on, the one that came out ok started getting way too tight (1/4 from tightened right) and so basically only one stud is holding anything on..

So I think thats the situation for the 0420..

It only comes on every 3 - 400 miles..

_
_