View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 12:26 PM   #216 (permalink)
GeneralAnarchy
EcoModding Lurker

Everything is in except the RFE batteries. I opted to bolt down the enclosure using the things they included that work like giant pop-rivets. Between the smart-key bolts on the left, and the prius brake control thing on the right, there is not much freedom for where to bolt it. The enclosure must go exactly "here". The fancy welded nuts they include don't seem useful at all because, despite removing everything in sight (muffler heat sheild, receiver hitch, etc), in most spots there appears to be no way to get to the exact place on the underside where they should go in order to line up with the enclosure brackets. In a few places the Enginer bracket seems roughly over the unibody "frame", other places too close to it to fit the nut-plates. So in the end, I have four of the giant rivets holding it down.

Thanks to those who posted to push the handle down on the HV plug!

For wiring I found 16ga extension cord rated at 105C because it passes closer to the engine heat that a normal home depot 60C extension cord should, and it is routed through the firewall and in the door channel along with my fancy Enginer phone cord all the way to the back. It is indistinguishable from my block heater cord coming from the grille. It looks like I have two block heaters.

Now I just have to plug in the batteries and do a test run.