View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 02:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
You'd think people in Northern climes would know that winter brings snowy, icy, slippery roads. Nope. They need the annual trip into the ditch or collision to bring it all back. You wouldn't believe all the whiners that blame slipperyness on the Dept of Transportation. They expect the road to be like it is on a clear, dry, August day, all year around. This is how we end up with oversalted roads and rotted out vehicles.
F*** salt! F*** people who think salt will solve all their winter problems! It's weird how in a country where winter is much longer than summer you'd have so many drivers who either panic and end up on someone's bumper when they see the first snow flake, or they start to fool around and end up in a ditch. Geez, it's winter, get used to it!

We got 15-20cm of snow in 12 hours today, with at least as much forecasted for the night and tomorrow. This evening was bad. Traffic jams and drivers complaining about "not enough salt", "we pay taxes", etc. The number of cars in Warsaw increases by 5-10% each year, but the number of idjots at least doubles!

As of today you can get a 40€ fine in Germany for not having winter tires when driving in snow or freezing rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestclimb View Post
hand braking puts a smile on my face every time, my wife's not so much
Hand braking in the winter kills my FE! Maybe because it freezes stuck and takes 5-15km of brake dragging to start to let go? Other Pug owners should know what I mean...

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread