View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 02:43 PM   #56 (permalink)
Dave's Civic Duty
Master EcoModder

Mater - '98 Dodge 3500 Dually

Wilber - '99 Toyota Corolla LX

Minyatta - '93 Mazda Miata MX-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockrex View Post
OP, I have an 08 dmax, my suggestion to add/repeat to the ones already made, pls try them out and update us on the improvements from each.

1. Tire pressure - max sidewall or your confort leve.
2. Cetane addy - TDR-S, sold in 5 gallon buckets from IN, or use Powerservice from wally's
3. Front Grill block - partial or full depending on outside temps - be VERY careful not to burn your cummins pls.
4. Front Skirt/air damp - like a body kit to push more air out and prevent it from going under the truck, I remember reading that 25% of all drag loss occurs due to lack of aero under the truck/car.
5. Aero topper for Bed - this is in my wish list someday when I have time, but search this forum and quite a few innovative products are there.
6. Programmer - WARNING might void warranty, research and look for cost effective solution, might not make sense to spend $1k to save $200

slowing down the best solution, and then a diesel addy in bulk to keep your per mile cost low.
Are you able to run BioD? You prolly have a DPF, right? From what I've read
B20 is supposed to be the best for adding lubrication, cleanlyness & best bang for the buck, encreases performances & I would think increase MPG's esp. the you are going after it anyway!

The newer diesels don't get the mileage like the ones even a few years older, for whatever reason. EPA, weight et al.

Dave