View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #46 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by me.facePalm() View Post
Not gonna lie I think that wasting 0.001mpg more gas is worth not looking like a tool. Nothing you do to a Jeep will increase gas mileage significantly. If this is what you are concerned with there are plenty of hybrid suv's out there that you don't have to make look like a space ship. I know that Wrangler is a "cool" status symbol but dude, if you aren't going to use it for what it's made for get a cheaper suv that is better on gas. There are plenty of suv's that get upwards of 25mpg (jeep gets 15...maybe) that don't cost $25,000-$30,000. Wrong tool for the wrong job. This is like using a laptop computer to hammer a nail. It doesn't work like that.
What jeep do YOU drive? my I6 powered NO aero mods LIFTED 4" 31" mudders 88 Cherokee with 496,000 miles gets 22mpg on my daily commute and I have hit 25-26mpg on pure highway driving.

at least when I have E0 for it. subtract 20% with E10.

you are CLEARLY on the wrong site if you think buying a hybrid is the solution to ANYTHING except that of emptying your wallet. it will never ever pay for itself in fuel savings. not one penny.

I drive 40k a year and a prius would take 68 years just to break even assuming I put NOTHING into it in that 68 years. thats a lot of miles. I don't even think the CHASSIS would last that long not to speak of all the moving parts.