Thread: New guy
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 01:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jesse
EcoModding Lurker

New guy

I've lurked on here and a few other ecomodding forums, but never posted on this one.

Started ecomodding in August when I removed my passenger side mirror, rear spoiler and moonroof deflector.

When I purchased this car several years ago it was a one year winter beater type of deal, but it's been good to me so I have kept it.

It's not the best platform to start with, but at least it's a Honda.

1991 Honda Civic Si with the 108hp D16A6
248k miles

I would average around 28-29 combined with heavy hwy miles during the winter, and 32-33 in the summer. I am currently averaging 40 combined.

I don't have the discipline to hypermile, but I do usually coast to stops when I can. I have done some ecomodding, all on my own after reading through some posts on here and elswhere.

Mods:
Passenger side mirror delete
Moonroof Deflector delete
Rear spoiler delete
35PSI in all four tires
Front air dam with partial grill block
3/4 undertray
Rear wheel skirts
Kammback
Warm air intake - the only thing I have gained with this mod is decreased engine warm up time.

I know that many civics can achieve these fuel efficiency numbers stock, not sure if it's my driving style or what. I usually go 5mph over the speed limit on the freeway, so I regularly see 65-70mph. Any tips? Thanks

I would post a couple of pictures, but I assume the 5 post count requirement is for anti-spam purposes. They will have to wait.