View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 10:29 AM   #4100 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Hi everyone! My son just got out of the hospital late last night. I'm so relieved! He had gastroenteritis or something like that, and got really dehydrated, so he was on an IV for several days. I'm going to my last final in just a few minutes, and then it's just grading for 50 gaggilion hours, and then no school until January 3rd! Hurray! Required items on my list:
1. finish a push-pull charger and flyback charger for Tinitron (my official least favorite thing that I'm looking forward to, since I don't even know what either of those things are, other than wikipedia)
2. Get a PMSM motor running with an encoder (tinitron again).
3. Finish assembling the 3 phase 120v (or 144v, who knows) 300amp per phase controller.
4. Assemble a completed controller for a friend of mine down south (not too bad, but does ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET J2 AND J3 WIRES PRE-ASSEMBLED?!)
5. FINALLY finishing the 1000amp SR control board.
6. Assemble the power section for the 1000amp prototype. It's already drilled and everything. Just sitting there without a control board.
7. Modify the 3 phase control board to monitor voltage.
8. And do all this in my spare time before 9am each day, until my son wakes up. hahaha. That's when the old work day comes to an end. That little stinker!

Heck ya! it's 7:29! Finals are about to start!!!! bye!