View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 08:34 PM   #24 (permalink)
autoteach
Master EcoModder

Bus - '94 Ford School Bus huge

Stupid - '01 Chevy Blazer LS
90 day: 21.38 mpg (US)

hawk - '00 Honda Superhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
If shops ripping people off was really indicative of government safety regs I think cars would have been banned decades ago.
Yeah, its a total ripoff. I mean, I bet the part cost next to nothing, like these that you can get almost anywhere:
Airaware/Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor (28360) | Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor | 2010 Toyota Camry SE 6 Cylinders K 3.5L EFI DOHC | AutoZone.com

And then they want to get paid to remove a tire, unmount the tire, replace the sensor, and reinstall? I cant believe the snakes! I always double check to make sure they arent ripping me off with www.repairpal.com. Usually they are chargin me through the roof, like the shop that reprogrammed my sister VW drivetrain, powertrain, and BCM computers $100. I bet with minor amounts of training and a $8000 computer I could do it too.

Really, check prices. Not everyone is ripping off customer, but sometimes its convenient for an argument to claim it is happening.

Oh, Franky, I was actually defending you with blatant sarcasm. Sorry for entertaining the competition for stupid questions.