View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 08:50 AM   #30 (permalink)
Daox
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,554 Posts
Its been about a week now, but I do have the 192°F thermostat in. It appears that the original thermostat was not a problem as the scangauge now shows that my coolant temp is 12°F higher than it was before (original thermostat was 180). The scangauge now shows my coolant temp around 211-213, yet the radiator fan doesn't kick in (its supposed to kick on at 201), so I know something is messed up. It looks like the coolant temp sensor may be shot. Luckily this isn't a very expensive part either.

On top of figuring that out, another problem has arisen. I've had a small exhaust leak near the back of the car for a while now where it goes up and over the rear axle. I just haven't had the time until last week to fix it. So, I got it all welded back up and this quieted down the car. However, I can now hear another problem! The front brakes are dragging a fair amount. So, add that to the checklist of things to do.

Its good to know something can be fixed and my mileage will increase, but its bad to know theres more maintenance to do.