View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #115 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
Looks like we hardly need that radiator on these cars, even in summer, so blocking it off even more shouldn't be much of a problem.
That's exactly what I was doing while you were posting

A 10 minute job that should have been done long ago...
Sorry for the crappy light in the photos, but that's as light as it gets here lately, especially when it's snowing.
I just slid one edge of the clear plastic behind the license plate and the other edge under the hood. It's probably good as it is, but I'll add 2-3 screws under the hood, just for piece of mind.

I covered the lower slit of the upper grille since it is open on the radiator/intercooler side. The upper slit needs to be open for air intake (driver's side) and hood operation (middle), but I might have the plastic overlap the front of the hood on the passenger side to get better aero. I'll see if I can do it without interfering with opening the hood.

The plastic bulges out so that air can be sucked in through the sides if the fan comes on.

I'll see if my intake air temperatures rise now that the intercooler will be totally blocked. Now I can get full potential out of two two independant grille block openings and the wall between radiator and IC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	upper_grille1.jpg
Views:	1181
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	7496   Click image for larger version

Name:	upper_grille2.jpg
Views:	1210
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	7497   Click image for larger version

Name:	upper_grille3.jpg
Views:	1174
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	7498  

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread