View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 07:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
KITT222
Ecomodder en route

Vib - '04 Pontiac Vibe base
The front wheel covers are made from that foam material that project boards are made of, so not exactly water resistant, and right now snow is abundant, so that won't exactly do. I'm going to try and get some better functioning, and more aesthetically pleasing, skirts on the car eventually. They'd get colored silver (or platinum, as GM calls it) to match. Mirror removal is unlikely (I'm a new driver, a paranoid driver, and a safe (IMO) driver, so, yeah...) but mirror replacement could happen. If I can get a hold of some aerodynamic mirrors, or make an aero-shroud, than that's what will happen. Plus I think you need two mirrors in Minnesota as law.

It's already been graphed. It's a rather boring, yet easy to read graph. Once I figure out how to turn the thing into a picture and not a .docx document, I'll post it.

The car will probably be lowered eventually too. I have ideas for an active lower grill block, using a lock motor originally intended for my sisters Celica GT, but wasn't used because it was 'too generic'. Ideas for spring loaded wheel air deflectors have also come around (spring loaded due to the snow). A seasonal air dam (REALLY am tired of the snow. I've learned that you hate snow more once you can drive.) will be coming, but in the meantime, I'm looking for some clear 18 inch diameter serving trays, or whatever, to go over the wheels (I like my alloys. Only bad part is there is no easy way to cover them), a new kammback is being though up of, and the grill blocks are happily attached to the front end. Lexan, or something similar, will go over my fog light openings.