View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 01:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
autoteach
Master EcoModder

Bus - '94 Ford School Bus huge

Stupid - '01 Chevy Blazer LS
90 day: 21.38 mpg (US)

hawk - '00 Honda Superhawk
Jim-Bob,
I was being sarcastic in defusing the volt hatred which is centered on a number of issues such as range, cost, platform sharing, GM the company, "the better alternatives", and other issues, some of which are non arguments altogether. GM may not be your cup of tea, Ford is not mine, but I don't criticize, in repeated threads, any single model from their lineup. Platform sharing...Show me a company that doesnt. Cost, just because Toyota and Honda take total diggers on the cost to manufacturer these vehicles doesnt mean that every company should. Range?, lets not even begin do debate that by using the Leaf as a comparison point where when you are out, you are out and looking for a tow truck.

Like I have said before, give the vehicle time. Time to shine, or time to suck. Speculation is exactly what it sounds like, uneducated guesses at outcomes. And the reason that they are uneducated is that we know so little about this drivetrain or platform. Do I think it will be a success? I have to ask what is the metric?