View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 09:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
autoteach
Master EcoModder

Bus - '94 Ford School Bus huge

Stupid - '01 Chevy Blazer LS
90 day: 21.38 mpg (US)

hawk - '00 Honda Superhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason1973tl View Post
While I agree with you about letting failing companies fail, I have to disagree about the Leaf.

I have already heard of one of the first owners getting a range in excess of 100 miles without using hypermiling techniques. That kind of range is more than twice my daily range that I need. And to boot, the cost to recharge is equal to paying 40 to 50 cents per gallon for gasoline. Not to mention the fact that an electric car is almost maintenance free compared to an I.C.E.
Well,
I think that you and many people are missing my point. I was pressing the issue of no conclusive evidence of range, just what magazines and reporters as well as the EPA have provided. We must have about 4-5 threads going on how bad the volt sucks, and it hasnt even made it into anyones hands yet. I think your defense of the leaf continues the unrealistic unproven looked-at-a-picture reviews of the volt. Why haven't the members of this forum continued their rant on the Leaf with its pricing compared to the Prius? Can we wait to see what it will do? I have some very opinionated views of some makes and models of vehicles, why dont I repeatedly start threads on how they suck before I have even driven one or have proof of their reliability?