View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 08:47 AM   #21 (permalink)
Backtobasics
EcoModding Apprentice

Dart Lite - '76 Dodge Dart Dart Lite
90 day: 18.34 mpg (US)

Beater..with a Heater - '94 Isuzu Rodeo LS
90 day: 16.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceej View Post
If your Serious about waking the Dart Lite from it's nap, contact DusterIdiot over on dot org and see if he has any parts left from his work with them. I know he had a couple Feathers. One had all the aluminum goodies, and Wildcat had a few bits as well. Some were shipped with aluminum deck lids as well as the aluminum hoods. He may also be a good source for a correct Four speed and the parts to convert.
CJ
Hell I dunno. I have the stuff to swap over to the 4 speed. I also have a spare /6 that I could check out, and slap the assembly in at one time. Mine is alum hood, steel deck lid, and 2.94 gears. I was lurking around .org yesterday to see how involved a TBI swap on the Dart Lite would be. I would be curious how well the Dart Lite could be hypermiled with EFI of some sort (Prefer MPI, but TBI would be ok), the 4 speed OD installed properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeC View Post
I owned a 1995 Nissan 200sx Se-r (same as the sentra) with a 5 speed, and i averaged around 32 mpg. I could get around 380 miles on a tank while at the time not caring about fuel economy. I do miss that car, and i'm kicking myself for selling it to buy a jeep. I've also owned a 1996 nissan sentra, with 216,XXX miles, and it was probably one of the nicest vehicles i've driven. They do last a long time and get pretty good gas mileage. But they do tend to hold their value, so it might be difficult in finding one for under a grand.
Not sure why the Sentra is calling my name? 32 MPG is 2x what I am getting now, so it sure sounds appealing.