View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 12:03 AM   #21 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
This week in drivin' around...

Winter has set-in, and for folks in the Midwest, you know what I mean. Freezing rain, cold temps, and harsh road conditions. Amazingly, Tessie remains at 29.5 with shuttling the fam in crappy weather and carpooling.

Honestly, I'll be lucky to break 31 this tank in Teggy. Loss of traction doesn't fare well for FE. Cold, slushy roads and variable traffic patterns don't help. The block heater and radiator-block has kept temps very manageable under the hood, and the TC happy -- which helps. Odd, slight surging issue -- too windy the other day to notice. Collected some data to run.

Rental vehicle for the week: 2007 Chevy Impala LS / FlexFuel 3.5L. The goal is to break 30 mpg, combined, for the first half-tank (done before with this car). Visiting the fam in Ohio over the weekend (Columbus, Akron, Cleveland) and driving to Indy on Monday.

I may try Ethanol again, but with experiments of the past, I may take Laz' advice and fill-up at half-tank. The car has 22K miles, and it's likely that it hasn't seen the Moonshine yet. FE tends to drop like a rock!

More next week.

Happy Hypermiling,

RH77

_
_