View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #132 (permalink)
rmay635703
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
I don't like the idea of rolling into the guy behind me at a stop light while on a hill.
I tried to learn to drive a manual car as a teen and completely failed. Now as an adult, I don't see how that i could just go buy a car with a manual and drive home without first getting comfortable with it.
???

The sad part is cadillac in the 1930's (as well as other manufacturers) had something called Anti-roll technology in their MT transmissions, it was cheap to impliment and would not allow you to roll the wrong way when in gear. AKA in reverse you could only roll backwards, in a forward gear you could only roll ahead.

Personally I like that system, it is irritating having to pull the E-brake on hills and then coordinate releasing the clutch throttling and releasing the e-brake at the same time but not undoable.

Also I answered the car I wanted in a MT didn't exist and it didn't but I got an MT anyway and now am making my other vehicle into an MT but until then I do drive autos (more occasionally now than ever) but also drive stick a lot, I prefer stick.

Cheers
Ryan